Friday, July 20, 2012

Eat Your Heart Out, Lose 10 Pounds in 7 Days AKA Satan Diet

Since I'm getting hitched very soon, I've been pinning all kinds of healthy stuff, fat burning stuff and quick cleanses etc.  I repinned one that promised 10 pounds in 7 days and I have seen it all over pinterest.  The version I pinned originated from the Justin and Ashely Refresh blog.  I must admit, I was scared.  For Pete's sake is referred to as the Satan diet!

This cleanse is definitely B-O-R-I-N-G.  It gives you a 7 day eating plan where you can eat only what  is prescribed for that day. For example, fruit only, veggies only, lean meat only.  Here is the exact eating plan:

Day 1 Fruit Day: Fruit only, but no bananas

Day 2 Veggie Day: Veggies only, but nothing starchy like corn or peas BUT you do get a baked potato (I had a sweet potato)

Day 3 Fruit and Veggies: day 1 and 2 combined but no potato

Day 4 Bananas and Yogurt: As many as 8 bananas and 8 glasses of skim milk or weight watchers yogurt - THIS was difficult, I could only choke 3 bananas down.

Day 5 Fowl and Tomatoes: Chicken and/or turkey and 6 tomatoes (I used Roma)

Day 6 Fowl and Veggies: Chicken and/or turkey and veggies, but no potato

Days 7 Miracle Soup:  Cabbage soup recipe containing cabbage, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, Lipton beef broth and water.

With this plan it is suggested  you drink lots of water every day.  It also says that you can go through with your normal workout routine.  For me, the workouts made me seriously weak on day 1, 2 and 3.  I was fine to go full force at the gym on Day 4, 5 and 6 though.  Get full instructions on this cleanse here

Although it seriously lacks variety and was really difficult to (almost) follow through with, I did like it and got good results.  I must admit, I did not do day 7. Here is the reason - I've tried other versions of cabbage soup diets before and I just can not stomach it, so I knew that for me, making it would be a huge waste.

In 6 days, I lost 7 pounds.  I'm sure with the cabbage soup day, it could have been more.  I would totally do this again!  The next one I'm going to try is a Jillian Michael's recipe that promises you will lose 5 or more pounds of bloat in 7 days.  I have gathered all the ingredients and I will start soon.  Of course, I'll share my results!


Pin tested, Dana approved!




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for actually posting your experience with this (and being honest). I have seen this diet a number of places, but nowhere have I heard of a real person's experience. Have you come back to this one at all? I'm considering doing it once a month and am curious about if it's as effective each time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey! I haven't come back to it again, but I do plan on it. I plan on doing this again in May. I'll let you know how I make out then!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dana,


    I was curious how your results have been since you did the 7 day cleanse? I am a pretty healthy eater myself but even with that I am looking to do a cleanse the week before spring break (like every other girl in the world) to help flatten my stomach as much as possible. Please let me know how you have felt since doing the cleanse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,
      I was really pleased with my results. I have fluctuated in my weight, gaining then losing about 4-ish pounds since then. Although, I naturally fluctuate in my weight quite often. If you take a look at some of the comments, on the Justin and Ashley refresh blog, you can see lots of different people's experiences with it: http://theeatyourheartoutdiet.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-satan-diet.html

      Delete
  3. Hi Dana,
    I'm curious if one can exercise while on this diet.
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete